St. Elizabeth’s Church
St. Elizabeth’s was the dream of the first Bishop of the Diocese of Ogdensburg - Bishop Edgar P. Wadhams. Prior to its establishment in 1881, Elizabethtown was a station of Keeseville (and Essex). The Church was named in honor of Saint Elizabeth of Hungary, and Father Joseph Reddington was appointed as parish priest. In 1916 the church structure was altered after the parish decided to construct a bell tower. The church was completely renovated beginning in 1922, under the guidance and management of Father McCarthy. In 1931 Honorable Augustus N. Hand donated further land for future church needs and cemetery development.
In 1981 the Father Edwin H. McCarthy Council #7767 of the Knight’s of Columbus was formed, consisting of 40 members from St. Philip Neri (Westport), St. Brendan (Keene), and St. Elizabeth.